About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2012

SHE SELLS SEASHELL SALMON SALAD DOWN BY THE SEASHORE

Say "She sells seashell salmon salad down by the seashore" 3 times fast.......
We are blessed to have amazing friends in the beautiful state of Alaska who generously supplied us with some beautiful red, river-washed salmon. There's nothing else like it out there that I have ever seen. Thank you so very much, Eb & Lorie Pope.
So what is a girl to do with all of this salmon??? Salmon salad literally jumped through my mind.

Next, I baked a nice slab of it in the oven, just until done and then proceeded to shred it with a fork.
1 (1 lb.) box small seashell multi-grain pasta
2 cups flaked cooked salmon
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
1/4 cup chopped icicle pickles
1/4 cup chopped bread & butter pickles
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. each of salt and pepper
a sprinkle of sugar
a couple shakes of hot sauce
Cook pasta just to al dente. Do not over cook! Drain well and place in large bowl. Combine remaining ingredients mixing until blended; cover and allow to chill well. Serve on a bed of lettuce or on Club or Ritz crackers.
COOKS NOTE:
You may also cook the large seashell pasta and ladle the salad into the shells and serve on lettuce.

"I never met a salmon pasta salad that I did not like."~Adele Forbes













No comments:

Post a Comment