About Me

My Photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, June 2, 2014

DELECTABLE PINEAPPLE-GLAZED CARROTS

These wonderful glazed carrots are always a hit with the young and the old and everyone else in between.
This is one of my aunt, Nan Hamwey's, recipes. The pineapple-glaze sets them off and the flavors are undeniably powerful to the taste buds. I served them with a roasted chicken and sauted cabbage but they would be equally at home next to slices of ham or a platter of my Buttermilk Fried Chicken and a bowl of fresh cooked green beans.
6 big carrots, sliced
1 (8-oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
 Combine the carrots with all of the remaining ingredients in a 12-inch baking dish. Bake, tightly covered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Enjoy!

"The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution."~

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Your blog has caught our attention because of the quality of the recipes. We would be delighted if you would join us at http://www.mytaste.com/ so that we could link to it.

    myTaste.com is a search engine that compiles the best American cooking sites and blogs from the Internet. Several hundred blogs are already enrolled here and are taking benefit from the traffic we are sending to their sites.

    To join myTaste, just go to http://www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog

    Best regards,
    Elin
    MyTaste.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
    By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete